Apply As Instructor
Become a homude instructor
Join our community of highly qualified instructors. Whatever your field of expertise is please consider becoming part of a growing community of like minded educators.
How to become a teacher
Instructions for Instructors
The first thing you need to do is to register in this site. After that you need to register in this page to become a teacher. As soon as you are approved you can go to the following step.
Go to WP Dashboard > LearnPress > Courses > Add New
Then you will be redirected to the Course Editor.
Here is how the Course Editor looks like:
Based on each section, in the above screenshot, I have separated each parts of the page so you can have an easier understanding. We have:
- Course Title: Title and Permalink (Link of the course) – You can setup permalink of the course after you’ve given it a title.
- Course Description: Where you add all the related information about a course. These information will be used to provide your visitors insight to the course so they can decide whether to purchase the course.
- Course Curriculum: The curriculum of the course. You will setup all the lessons, quizzes to the course in this part. To start adding lessons, quizzes to the course, you must first create a section name. A “Section” is like a big part of the course where all lessons and quizzes in that part is all about one specific information of that part.
- Course Settings: Set all the settings to the course. You can set pricing, course information like duration, number of allowed students, how course results will be assessed, etc. If you install extra add-ons to the LMS, you will see more settings here. There are tooltips for each setting so you will know what it is about.
On the right side of the course editor page, we have basic WordPress settings for the course like:
- Course Publishing information: Whether to publish the course or not, or to give it some restrictions.
- Course category: Category of the course.
- Course tags: Tags of the course to give visitors more insights.
- Course featured image: Featured image of the course.
How to create & edit a lesson
A. Creating a Lesson.
To Create a lesson, as I mentioned above, you will need to enter a section name. In this example, I used “Section One”. After that, you will see the option to add new lessons.
You could also give a description about the section.
If you already have multiple lessons or quizzes that are created but not assigned to a specific course, you can use the “Select items” button to find and add created lessons or quizzes.
Please understand that according to the system design of LearnPress LMS, one Lesson can only be assigned to one course. If you want one lesson to be used with more courses, please try to duplicate them.
B. Another way to create a lesson:
You could also add a new lesson by reaching to LearnPress > Lessons. This is where all lessons are managed. It will give you details about each and every lesson in your system. If you try to add lessons this way, you won’t be able to assign the lesson you created to a course right away. You will then need to go to LearnPress > Courses > Edit a course or create a new course to assign the lesson to that course.
C. Edit a lesson:
After you have created a lesson and assigned it to a course, if you hover to the lesson, you will see many options to do with it:
- Drag and drop the lesson to change its position
- Rename the lesson
- Make it previewable or not
- Edit it
- Remove it from the course (unassign) or delete it from the system completely
If you choose to edit the course, you will be led to the Lesson Editor Page where you can add more information, content to the lesson and give it some settings.
Here is how the Lesson Editor Page looks like:
There are some more settings in the Lesson Editor Page:
- Lesson Duration: Duration of the lesson. Set 0 to disable.
- Preview Lesson: Toggle between previewable or not
- Media: Embed Iframe code if you want to make it appear as a video or if you want to add pdf, slider,etc to the lesson.
- How to create a quiz
How to create and edit quizzes and questions
A quiz is a collection of lessons. Creating a Quiz is quite similar to Lesson. You can create a new quiz by:
- Go to LearnPress > Quizzes where all quizzes in the system is managed
- Or go to one Course and create a quiz in the curriculum.
The Quiz icon is quite distinguishable with the lesson icon.
Upon editing a quiz, there are some new settings because you will need to create questions and setup lessons inside a quiz.
Here is how a Quiz Editor Page looks like:
In the Course Editor Page, there are some settings:
- Quiz Title: Title of the quiz
- Quiz Description: Description of the quiz
- Questions: Where you can create new questions, or select questions created by using the button Select. You can start typing the question name and press Enter and it will open the Question Setting for you.
- Quiz setting: Setup some basic information for the quiz like Duration, minus point of an incorrect answer, passing grade (condition for passing), whether to allow showing the answer or hint while doing quiz, etc.
As I mentioned previously, you can type the name of the first question in the question box and press Enter and it will open the Question Setting for you.
For example, in this screenshot, I created a question and here is what the question setting looks like.
The default type for the question is True/False. You can switch to other question type if you want. The default available Quiz type for LearnPress quizzes are: True or False, Multiple Choice, Single Choice.
You could also duplicate the question, or remove it from the quiz (unassign the question) or remove it from the system permanently.
Down below, you can: Add more answer option, change text of the answer, choose the correct answer.
On the right side, there are more settings of the question that allows you to:
- Use the Question Content to add more content to the question to provide more detail to it. The editor here is quite simple. If you click on Edit Question icon on the top right of the question setting, you will be redirected to the Single Question Editor Page where you can use more Rich text formating or different editors.
- Mark for this question: Add mark for the question. If the student get it right, they will earn that mark.
- Question Explanation: Sometimes, you may want to give explanation to your question after your student have taken it.
- Question Hint: Sometimes, you may want to give your student some hints on what to do to find the solution.
How to add more quiz type (Fill in the blank, Assignments, etc)
By default, LearnPress comes with: True or False, Multiple Choice, Single Choice. Since we are the most popular WordPress Learning Management System, we have other quiz types available:
- Assignment: Allow instructors to create assignment where students can take their time to finish the task, submit a writing prompt, an essay, some files, etc. And then the instructor can check these work and give a score. You can check and get the Add-on here.
- Fill in the blank: Check the information of Fill in the blank type here
- Sorting Choice: Make answers sortable. This could do a great job on making sure the student understand the task. Please check for more information about it here.
- Random Quiz: This add-on only randomize the answers of a quiz, it won’t work as the “Question bank” feature.